🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Suddenly ended the contract
Page options
446c5ea5
Community Member

Client Suddenly ended the contract

A client hired me for a fixed-price contract of one month. He didn't give any access to his business. I started working on creating a work plan for the whole month. After one and a half days, he suddenly ended the contract without warning. How am I supposed to complete one month of work in less than 2 days without any access to the business? I am available and working on the contract. But he ended up asking for a refund. What should I do? 

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hi Naeem,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this client. You can decide if you would like to accept the refund request or reject it and initiate a dispute.

Please ensure that in the future, all details are clarified and the client's expectations are confirmed before agreeing to work with them. Should you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Will this job affect my JSS? If I accept his request to refund? 

Naeem, your JSS is not influenced by the refunds you issue, but by the client's feedback after closing the contract. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members