cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Threatening

26e63ea4
Artyom S Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
11 of 14

Good day, Bojan. I've recently had a problematic client, who took offense and closed the contract out of a sudden and then started using profanity in the chat (message already reported).

I think she might have left me a negative review (hidden) even though no work was done under this contract whatsoever - she simply couldn't help with providing me with the needed information.

I want to make sure that wouldn't be counted towards my JSS, as I think she broke all norms and boundaries and it shouldn't affect my ability to find new contracts

Would love to hear back from you ASAP

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
12 of 14

Hi Artyom,

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a client, I understand this is a frustrating situation for you. To avoid this, we usually suggest you have enough information to start working on the project before accepting the contract.

In cases of contracts without earnings, if your client leaves feedback, it will be considered in your score. Please know that we exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you. I also see you are a Top Rated freelancer, so you can occasionally request to remove client feedback.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
26e63ea4
Artyom S Member Since: Jul 19, 2019
13 of 14

Thank you, and yes - I know about everything you said, but it's rather unrealistic to have everything gathered before the contract starts - it's a common practice when working in sprints to add stuff on the go, so I can't really follow your advice in this case.

Now about the feedback - this is what I'm worried about. The client, who didn't provide me with enough information (you can see the chat - it's clear from our communication) and then closing the contract and blindly accusing me of non-competence and inability to work - me, a Top Rated Plus developer with 9 years of experience. I know it's not always the case, and I've been to the situations when I had to cancel contracts from my side due to inability to proceed with them, but this one is not one - I was waiting for details, I was polite and proactive.

And then I was accused in "going ....." and inability to work. I foresee it can damage my reputation, my JSS, which is a direct reflection of the customer satisfaction, and I didn't even earn anything from it.

I would want to raise a dispute and want my reputation to be protected by Upwork's TOS and Policies.

If you can assist in creating a dispute or opening a ticket - I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance, and looking forward to hearing from you
Artyom

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 14

Hi Artyom,

Our team will update your ticket with additional information and will assist you further directly there. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS