🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Unresponsive/Unwilling to pay
Page options
cesarpinto1989
Community Member

Client Unresponsive/Unwilling to pay

Hi, I don't know if someone from Upwork could help me out here.

I have a client that he provide me a task for $50. Currently, it has been a little more of 2 weeks that is "In Review". I've been sending messages and requesting the approval to the client. And though he shows up available it seems that he just ignores me.

Now, I don't want to proceed with a dispute or something like that because is after all $50 and I don't want to lose more time with this client... but is money from hard work.

I don't know if Upwork can help me or if I should report the client.

Thanks,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cesar,

Were you hired on a fixed price contract? If yes, you will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Cesar,

Were you hired on a fixed price contract? If yes, you will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes, I submitted the work. I believe I am in need of waiting because I indeed resubmitted the work and on Reports it shows that it was done "13 days ago", so I hope between today and tomorrow that money is available.

Thanks,

Hi! So, the 14 days has past since I submitted the job and is still unaivalable.

Cesar P wrote:

Hi! So, the 14 days has past since I submitted the job and is still unaivalable.

I've had that happen, it released the next morning

Hi Cesar,

You submitted work for payment 14 days ago. Please allow few more hours for this 14th days to end and the funds should be automatically released from escrow to you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths