Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Unresponsive

lavajyami
Ankur A Member Since: Jul 6, 2017
1 of 9

Hi,

I just submitted a requirement analysis proposal for a client and have had no response. I was supposed to get paid $100 but its been a month and there has been no communication at all. 

I have already sent 5 queries to the client asking for response or feedback but there has been nothing. 

Can someone please suggest how to move forward? 

Kind Regards,

Ankur 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 9

@Ankur A wrote:

I just submitted a requirement analysis proposal for a client and have had no response. I was supposed to get paid $100 but its been a month and there has been no communication at all. 

Is there a CONTRACT or did you send in the work as a "proposal?"

Is it an hourly or a fixed rate contract?

Is there an actual contract when you go to your My Jobs page?

If there IS a contract:

If hourly, did you track your time?

If fixed rate, is it fully funded and did you submit the work by using the "Submit work and request payment" function?

lavajyami
3 of 9

There is no contract in the jobs page. Its a fixed price job for 1000 dollars but for that bit of the work (the proposal) we had quoted $100. Also please note that this was the first job for me in upwork as I am relatively new here .

Thank you

Ankur 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 9

@Ankur A wrote:

There is no contract in the jobs page.

You weren't hired, which means the client could not pay you even if they wanted to (and they clearly don't want to.)

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 9

The longest a freelancer should need to wait to get paid when a client is completely unresponsive is 14 days.

If you were not paid after a month, it means you made a mistake. You used Upwork incorrectly. You need to discuss this with us here in the Forum until you figure out what you did wrong. Start by answering Petra's questions.

But understand that you will not be paid for this work.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
6 of 9

Ankur, you provided free work to the client. Please do not do that again.

You should never work without a contract.

lavajyami
7 of 9

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I am realising that now. I wont do any work with out a contract from now on. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
8 of 9

The requirements analysis document now belongs to you. You should post it in your portfolio as an example of the high-quality, thoughtful work that you do.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 9

Welcome to Upwork Ankur!

Unfortunately, you weren't hired for the job you completed. You should never start working without an active contract, which would show in your "My Jobs" tab. If a client responds to your proposal, it will will be listed in the "Active Candidacies" section of the Proposals page. You then need to discuss the project scope, requirements and contract terms with the client. If you agree to work together, the client needs to send you an offer and you need to accept it, in order to have an active contract on Upwork. Make sure not to start working unless the contract is covered by the appropriate Upwork Protection Program and only accept to get paid through the platform. 

You can ask your client to award you the job, so they will be able to process the payment. If your client needs assistance in doing this, ask them to contact Customer Support and our team will guide them through the process.

You can find valuable information about working on Upwork in the freelancer resources we compiled here.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS