🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Want to Pay Admin's Of Websites Direct...
Page options
asimmuhammad44
Community Member

Client Want to Pay Admin's Of Websites Directly

Hi Upwork Team,

I have a work-related to Link Building Services.

I wanted to know that one of my client wants to Pay Admins of the Websites directly and my services Payments through Upwork. It is right or not?

The Job Description is attached with this message.

Please answer me, So I can be able to start the project.

Thanks,

Asim

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "It is right or not?"

It is not right for a client to send you money directly via PayPal.

It is a serious violation of Upwork TOS.

A client who proposes that is probably planning to scam you and never pay you.

The client would probably be kicked off Upwork if caught proposing this.

You would probably have your account terminated if you were caught doing this.

Freelancers have had their accounts suspended simply for discussing doing this.

If the client wants to directly pay for something, such as web hosting services, THAT IS FINE.

The client needs to pay the vendor.

The client is not allowed to send you money directly via PayPal and ask you to pay the vendor.

No, You are taking this wrong.

He will pay me on Upwork and as it is Link Building work. So, I will outreach websites admins and he will pay them directly. As it is not possible to take all website admins on Upwork for the payment.

The client is sure that it is right and she also hired many TOP RATED PLUS freelancers on UPWORK.

If the client is sending you money through Upwork, as part of your standard pay, or using the "Send bonus" tool or "Reimburse expense" tool then there is no rule violation.

It is ALSO possible for a client to pay vendors directly, such as web host providers.

It is ALSO possible for a client to hire other freelancers directly, without you playing a part in them getting paid.

There are many valid options that may apply to your situation. I don't know all the details of yiur situation, so I can't say what option is best for you.

If you have additional specific questions, feel free to ask them here in this thread.

Preston H wrote:

If you have additional specific questions, feel free to ask them here in this thread.

He did ask. The original post was quite clear.

The client wants to pay the OP via Upwork and the third party vendor outside Upwork.

That is obviously perfectly fine as the third party vendor is nothing to do with Upwork.

There is no need for over-complicating and obfuscating a basically perfectly straightforward situation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members