🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Wants Refund As They Used Wrong Paymen...
Page options
jcimbbarker
Community Member

Client Wants Refund As They Used Wrong Payment Method

Hello,

I have a Client who has set up a Contract and then funded the first Milestone. However they have now found they used the wrong Payment Method.

They would like to Cancel the Contract and ask me to refund the money in Escrow. Is this likely to negativly impact me through my JSS...?

4 REPLIES 4
mgmason1975
Community Member

"Wrong payment method"? Sorry, but this sounds like they are trying to rip you off. Tell them to pay you first with the "correct" payment method and then you will refund the old one.

I have discussed it with the Client and they decided to leave the Payment as is. Next time they will check which card they are using first...

hoyle_editing
Community Member

sounds odd to me!

Would upwork refund him if he paid with a new method first? if so, maybe he should contact them (its them that process payments after all) 

If not (which i suspect is the case) then i would be questioning if i should either.

florydev
Community Member

I could see this.  I have used my debit card to pay for a business expenses only to realize my mistake later.  It creates a bit of an accounting issue I would generally perfer not to deal with.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths