cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Wants To Pay Me Through Paypal

Highlighted
Claudia B Member Since: Aug 13, 2018
1 of 3

Hello everyone, I'm in a uncomfortable situation with my client. He insists to pay me via Paypal, but I'm telling him to create the milestone with the money left (the contract is for $15 and I have one milestone created for $5, with this amount in escrow), but he keeps telling me to send him my Paypal email to pay me. I don't want to have any problems with Upwork, because I appreciate my account that took me so long to be approved. What can I do? He didn't tell me this before accepting the contract.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Hi Claudia,

Just to confirm that offering or accepting to get paid outside of Upwork is a serious violation of our TOS.
Please send me a PM(click on my name) with your contract ID or client name and our team will investigate this further. To learn more how you`re protected on fixed price contracts check out this Help Article. Please keep in mind that our protection does not cover promised funds and unfunded milestones. Thank you.

Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 3

Definitely not a "client" who can be trusted.

Not only is he saying he wants to pay you off-platform - which is something that could get YOU (the freelancer) suspended or terminated from the platform...

...His proclaimed desire doesn't even make sense. Upwork ALLOWS clients to pay through PayPal. So if he is really able to use PayPal, he should be able to pay using PayPal by doing so properly through Upwork.

If a client started talking to me like that I think I would give him one chance to get on board with the program - politely telling him no, he can pay me through Upwork.

But if he persisted, then I would definitely block him so he could no longer communicate with me, and I would report him to Upwork.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS