🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Went Offline After Paying Only Bonus
Page options
07091f1e
Community Member

Client Went Offline After Paying Only Bonus

Hi, Upwork community!

Let's cut to the chase.

I'm a video editor and my client asked me to do something and he wanted it done within that day. Moreover, he asked for minor changes and a set of GIFs. He apologized for being a pain since he wanted a couple of minor changes at that time, so we wanted to add another sum which I considered was a bonus or compensation for that situation.

However, the initial payment and the bonus were in different contracts. Normally, he would just put an extra amount in the existing contract. After the work was done, which he found it satisfying enough, he paid me the bonus and not the initial payment. He then never went online after that happened. I'm still hoping he comes sooner but I really don't know what to do. It happened around the 3rd week of August, just this year.

Thoughts on this case? I will gladly accept any advice.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Yes, it's been funded and it's in the 'In Review' tab. It's a fixed-contract."

Then you are fine.

Clients are not required to be online.

Clients don't need to respond.

If this client does nothing, the money will be released to you automatically.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Denzel S wrote:

However, the initial payment and the bonus were in different contracts. Normally, he would just put an extra amount in the existing contract. After the work was done, which he found it satisfying enough, he paid me the bonus and not the initial payment. He then never went online after that happened. I'm still hoping he comes sooner but I really don't know what to do. It happened around the 3rd week of August, just this year.

Is there a funded milestone (anywhere?) or are those hourly contracts? If there is a funded milestone, you need to officially submit for payment. If the milestone wasn't funded, all you can do is hope the client comes back.

07091f1e
Community Member

Yes, it's been funded and it's in the 'In Review' tab. It's a fixed-contract.

re: "Yes, it's been funded and it's in the 'In Review' tab. It's a fixed-contract."

Then you are fine.

Clients are not required to be online.

Clients don't need to respond.

If this client does nothing, the money will be released to you automatically.

Thank you for answering!

Denzel S wrote:

So even if he never comes back, that payment will be released to you 14 days after you hit submit.

petra_r
Community Member

Denzel S wrote:

Then just go to the contract and look how long ago you submitted. There is a counter on the milestone, when it says "you submitted 14 days ago" it will be released in the next 24 hours. DO NOT RESUBMIT as that will reset the countdown.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members