Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: Client Won't End Contract

Community Leader
Husain A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
51 of 56

@Nichols L wrote:

I have one ongoing client for whom I have not worked in months, and I am pretty sure that eventually, my stats are going to get dinged because of this.


How is he considered an ongoing client of yours if its been months since you last worked with each other?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
52 of 56

@husain A wrote:

@Nichols L wrote:

I have one ongoing client for whom I have not worked in months, and I am pretty sure that eventually, my stats are going to get dinged because of this.


How is he considered an ongoing client of yours if its been months since you last worked with each other?


 Seriously? Because a client who has paid many hundreds of Dollars to a freelancer over the space of a year / a couple of years and the contract is still open, is, by definition, an ongoing client.

 

That kind of contract is most unikely to have a negative effect on Nichola, see this article:

 

specifically:

Contracts with a history of earnings but no feedback, whether closed or not, are mostly excluded from your JSS. However, if you have many contracts where no feedback has been given, it can impact your score (a little) negatively

 

 

Community Leader
Husain A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
53 of 56

@Petra R wrote:

@husain A wrote:

How is he considered an ongoing client of yours if its been months since you last worked with each other?


 Seriously? Because a client who has paid many hundreds of Dollars to a freelancer over the space of a year / a couple of years and the contract is still open, is, by definition, an ongoing client.


 So they have an ongoing contract that has been inactive for months... Is there any reason why you wouldn't end such a contract?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
54 of 56

@husain A wrote:



 So they have an ongoing contract that has been inactive for months... Is there any reason why you wouldn't end such a contract?


 Sure. I have 3 or 4 clients who only need me once in a while. One just popped back up after nearly a year. I see no reason to end such contracts. If they affected me I would. They don't, so I won't bother.

 

Community Leader
Husain A Member Since: Sep 26, 2017
55 of 56
Hmm, this is new to me. I thought, ideally, contracts should be terminated once the agreed-upon work is over.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
56 of 56

@husain A wrote:
Hmm, this is new to me. I thought, ideally, contracts should be terminated once the agreed-upon work is over.

 That is indeed the case when the work agreed is a one off.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS