🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Won't Release Milestone
Page options
de38fcfe
Community Member

Client Won't Release Milestone

Hi,

I have a contract with a client to complete 2 websites for $1550. We have two milestones, so I get $775 for each milestone.

I have completed the two websites but the client has only had time to review one. Now the problem is that it has been 2 months since he started reviewing the website, He would be active for a week giving me feedback on what to change or not to change. After working on the feedback, he won't check for another 2 weeks (he just replies to me that he is busy with work). Then when he finally has time, he dishes out more tasks that I should complete.

This project started in March and was completed the first week of April, and up until now, he has refused to release any milestone. I have updated the last feedback he made and he is currently on another "I'm busy with work" sprint. 

I'm confused about how to go about this, continue being patient, or report disputes. 

6 REPLIES 6
sofia2008
Community Member

There is nothing to dispute. You need to make sure you are using the fixed-price contract the way it is designed.

Is the first milestone funded?

Did you submit the 1st website using the Submit for payment button?

Clients have 14 days to review when you submit for payment.

Some clients simply "request changes" in the LAST day of 14 claiming "we did not have time to properly test it".

Raising a dispute could probably win you the money, but also get a negative feedback, or just simply a chargeback if the client's account is new.

I'd recommend just forget about them and move on.

If a client does that, he should not have access to the other half of the work without approving the 1st milestone.

Thank you

Yes, Sophie
It is funded, he just requests more changes and the funds can't be released

Did you submit with the Submit for payment button? and he keeps asking changes?

Did you provide the second website?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members