cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client abruptly cancelled contract

cloudnesil
Ramazan V Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
11 of 12

I read your comments here Preston. Here is my story.  A client sent me a contract . I worked on it 2 days  and showed a demo. We discussed improvements etc. Agrreed meeting daily. He didn't come to meetings. I communicated via upwork messaging. And there had been no apology at all about not attending meetings. I kept working 5 days. And He cancelled the contract without seeing any progress at all. 

We went to mediation process . I explained all this and sent proof of work. I can get daily timestamped version changes from my workspace. I sent them mediator. This is were Upwokr mediation fails. They don't try to understand what is happening but rather trying to close the case which I refused.

I love Upwork platform. It is only benefical to all of us if we keep it clean from bad people

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
12 of 12

Ramazan V wrote:

We went to mediation process . I explained all this and sent proof of work. I can get daily timestamped version changes from my workspace. I sent them mediator. This is were Upwokr mediation fails. They don't try to understand what is happening but rather trying to close the case which I refused.

Then you have the option to pay $ 291 and go to arbitration.

The mediator can't make a decision over the escrow funds.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS