🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client accidentally canceled a contract inste...
Page options
doziereugene
Community Member

Client accidentally canceled a contract instead of closing it

Hi,
I am doing work for a client who seems to be very confused with the platform and how to start/add to/ and end contracts. He has hired me under a new contract for additional work and I accepted that new offer. I asked him to kindly close the other open contract (finished work and paid) and he inadvertently "canceled" the contract instead of "closing" it. 

He seems so frustrated with the Upwork platform and how to use it.  How can I get this rectified.  Can Upwork support walk him through this?  Is it possible to reverse what he has done?

Thanks much for your help, certainly don't want to take a hit to my JSS.

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eugene,

I can see that you have posted this question on your ticket. I’ll follow up with the team handling your case and they’ll update you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your reply.  Investigating further, I think I was looking at the very first contract that I had with the client.  He did actually cancel the first contract because he was confused on how to set up the initial one.  So we actually have two contracts open right now, and I need him to close the one that has been completed - entitled "Access/SQL database development/design".  I can try to work with him to walk him through the steps of closing the contract.  Do you have any suggestions to aid me in guiding him through how to do this?

Thanks,

Eugene

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members