🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client account suspended. Work not billed.
Page options
a89953bd
Community Member

Client account suspended. Work not billed.

Hi Team

I am writing to you in desperation. 2 of clients, **Edited for Community Guidelines** and **Edited for Community Guidelines** are suspended. Since these are told to be urgent projects I worked, 10 hours for the Contract ID 32006803 (didnt bill - since I bill after I do the work) and 22 hours for Contract ID 32007402 (Billed 10 hours)

Now, what I should do? I pinged the client multiple times, they dont respond. This happened to me also previously. If this keeps on happening, what is the authenticity of upwork?

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You're not allowed to farm out work to other people if you have an hourly contract, so that's one problem. If you want to work with a team, they all need to join Upwork and then you can create an agency. If you do hourly work yourself, the only way that you'll get payment protection from Upwork is by using the time tracker correctly (and only YOU can log hours under your own account; nobody else can sign in or you'll be banned).

If you hired other people, then the honourable thing to do would be to pay them out of your own pocket, since it's not their fault that your client didn't pay. This is a responsibility and risk that you accept when you decide to outsource.

Firstly I think you got the whole plot wrong or maybe I explained in a wrong manner. I am not saying other people here are doing my work. This is my expertise and I earn from Upwork. I have separate business, I use the earned money from here to invest there. I hope its clear now.

However this dosent provide my solution. Yes, I did an hourly work. For that I bill the next day depending on how much I completed on the day. So, now I worked for 4-5 hours and then when I am trying to book it on the 6th hour suddenly get a pop-up that the client account is suspended. I mean you cannot time your luck so bad correct`?

Manual time is not protected. Using manual time is at your own risk, which upwork makes very clear. 

Santanu K wrote:

Firstly I think you got the whole plot wrong or maybe I explained in a wrong manner. I am not saying other people here are doing my work. This is my expertise and I earn from Upwork. I have separate business, I use the earned money from here to invest there. I hope its clear now.

You edited your original post to take out the part where you said that other people had done the work and now you can't pay them. I don't think I misunderstood at all.

PradeepH

Hi Santanu,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Clients. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths