cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client and Freelancer Reviews

Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
11 of 14

Sorry, no soup for you! Recall my mention of tongue biting?

OK, here's a challenge for those that like to post those neat images. Posting a four frame cartoon in the "Coffee Break" area depicting the current dilemma. The author chooses the main topic representing the dilemma. Any graphic artists in here?

I think OD is on holiday today

Edited 01/08/2015 RT/lwm

Community Guru
12 of 14

This post is in follow-up to my original thread above. See "My suggestions," Item 2, which reads in part: "Improve oDesk Help & Support services...."

When asking support about oDesk freelancer profiles and the "Linked Accounts" feature, they told me to go to the Community forum. No wonder why so many requests for support are here in the forum.

So I am not permitted to copy & paste a transcript from oDesk support without getting banned from the Community despite the fact that it would undoubtedly help make things easier for all to understand...so here goes....

My question is simple: Exactly how does the "Linked Accounts" feature in oDesk freelancer profiles work?

Background:

Most might agree that any SEO, SMM, or SMO campaigns done incorrectly can cause more harm than good.

Case 1) Everything I have read implies that once linked, information flows FROM the social media account TO oDesk.

If this is true, then, I really need to know from a technical perspective how that information is utilized.

Case 2) Support said basically that once linked, information flows FROM oDesk TO the social media account.

If this is true, then, I need to know what information is sent to the social media account. I think support said something about jobs, profile, skills, and test results.

If that is true, how and where does that information show up on social media accounts like LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter?

Note: For my intended use, I would prefer that information flows FROM oDesk TO the social media accounts.

I have had success with SEO and SMM without using the "Linked Accounts" feature in oDesk freelancer profiles. Yet, I would like to take things to the next level.

I have written about leveraging oDesk resources for social media marketing campaigns, which is actually mentioned in a round about way in oDesk Help articles:

See the first bullet under "The Background" in the article "How can I control my profile’s visibility?" https://support.odesk.com/entries/23086351-How-can-I-control-my-profile-s-visibility-

See the "Linked Accounts" in the article How do I prepare my profile to be listed in the marketplace? https://support.odesk.com/entries/23082686-How-do-I-prepare-my-profile-to-be-listed-in-the-marketpla...

I hope to learn more from oDesk engineering via an oDesk support request to engineering; however, following the suggestion to post the issue in the Community, I await replies.

Houston, we have a problem....

Edited 01/08/2015 RT/lwm

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
13 of 14

That's why I stopped using the support live-chat option. about half of the time, I was told to post at the forum so the top contributors can answer it. Then I say, "there are no answers at the forum, hello, I'm one of the top contributors there, do you suggest I answer my own questions?" The agent would then answer with some copy pasted response thanking me for my participation blah blah blah. Maybe the forum is indeed meant to replace most support services but that's a secret so I obviously didn't say that haha!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
14 of 14

Hmmm...that reminds me of a past thread Support via Community Contributors http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Support-via-Community-Contributors/m-p/57783#U57783

See the post with the Best Answer from GM, second paragraph, first sentence. Looks like Community moderators and managers are in for a raise -- remuneration no less.

Need arbitration? Call....

BTW -- I guess it's no secret that initiators of threads can award themselves with "Best Answer." I tired it, and it works. I also reversed it without any hitch. Has that issue already been added to the bug list? Where is that list anyway? Obvioulsy, not abused since there are so few top solutions picked.

Yeah, the Community needs live chat. That's what a lot of my own posts look like -- chat sessions -- although untimely. They should discourage that type of writing Smiley LOL  Engage! 

Now, I never did get an answer to my question as to whether or not oDesk has plans for a new site to replace the current core site. That is, maybe a new site with that distinctive green header that matches most new pages published.

Edited 01/08/2015 RT/lwm

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS