jojomo

Client and Freelancer accounts (feedback kept separate?)

This might be a stupid question but I want to make sure....

I have both a client and freelancer account on the same upwork "account"

Is feedback kept completely separate from one another? What about privacy.... can freelancers I interview access my own freelancer profile as a client?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter

re: "Is feedback kept completely separate from one another?"

Yes.

re: "Can freelancers I interview access my own freelancer profile as a client?"

Well, there is no link or anything.

Potentially if they know your name and if your freelancer profile is public, they could search and find your freelancer profile.

As a practical matter, I wouldn't worry about this. It is possible, but unlikely.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter

re: "Is feedback kept completely separate from one another?"

Yes.

re: "Can freelancers I interview access my own freelancer profile as a client?"

Well, there is no link or anything.

Potentially if they know your name and if your freelancer profile is public, they could search and find your freelancer profile.

As a practical matter, I wouldn't worry about this. It is possible, but unlikely.

@Preston H wrote:

I ALWAYS check if I suspect a freelancer is farming out work they themselves won. It takes seconds to find the corresponding account if you know what you're doing and the freelancing account is not set to private.

Hold on. People can bid on their own jobs?! That's ridiculous. 

@Thijmen Z wrote:

Hold on. People can bid on their own jobs?! That's ridiculous. 

What?

Where do you get that from?

They can. If they get hired by themselves they get suspended unless they hide behind a shill account.

petra_r

Joëlle O wrote:  What about privacy.... can freelancers I interview access my own freelancer profile as a client?

Only if they are pretty determined.