🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client are not giving me tasks anymore should...
Page options
ajux21
Community Member

Client are not giving me tasks anymore should I end the contract?

It almost been 1 month now, I saw my client is still active and online but never responded to my messages and not giving me tasks anymore, Am I right to end the contract now?

5 REPLIES 5
kinector
Community Member

In principle, yes, but it depends on the nature of the job, what was discussed and agreed upon, and so on. Read the client a little. Does she still need you? 

Since you've already asked without hearing back, you can do this:

1. Give a polite notice about your plan of closing the project in a couple of days. 

2. Wait a couple of days just in case.

3. Close the project with appropriate feedback. 

You won't get any review showing on your profile, but it is better to close contracts rather than keeping them dragging, particularly when you see the client doing other things on this platform. Replying to you just doesn't reach the threshold of typing a couple of lines in the client's mind, unfortunately.

But don't worry, close the project and keep going. 👍

ajux21
Community Member

Thank you for that recommendation, but I have actually closed the contract without doing that the prior notice my bad. Since you said Its okay, I will be in peace of mind now. Im just worried because that my account rating will be affected if I am the one who closed the contract. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ariane Jay G wrote:

It almost been 1 month now, I saw my client is still active and online but never responded to my messages and not giving me tasks anymore, Am I right to end the contract now?

Has the client actually ever given you any tasks? There doesn't seem to be any such contract showing on your profile, which would indicate that you never got paid for anything you did?

Did you actually do any work? Is the contract fixed rate or hourly?

Don't rush to close the contract just yet, make sure you are paid before you have been paid for anything you may have worked on in the meantime.

ajux21
Community Member

I do have already task done before, the rate was $3/hr , 3 hrs per week, after the second week of my job from her, she is not responding anymore, but don't worry for that 2 weeks I was paid

petra_r
Community Member

Ariane Jay G wrote:

I do have already task done before, the rate was $3/hr , 3 hrs per week, after the second week of my job from her, she is not responding anymore, but don't worry for that 2 weeks I was paid

But isn't that the contract you already closed on the 16th of December?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members