🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked ME to send a contract
Page options
m_paraventi
Community Member

Client asked ME to send a contract

After some messaging on specifics, the client accepted my proposal and asked me to send a contract through Upwork. I'm still relatively new to the platform. I thought that the client creates the contract? If I can create the contract, can someone point me in the right direction for doing it? Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maureen:
As a freelancer, I prefer to write the contracts.

I will write them as a text document and then send it through messages to the client. The client can copy and paste the text I wrote when creating the contract on their end.

Usually this doesn't mean writing up a "whole contract." Upwork provides default contract language that I'm fine with. What this means is writing up a task description. What is it that will be done as part of this milestone?

With an hourly contract, it is far less common for me to write the contract description, because it is less important and doesn't need the kind of precision and detail that a fixed-price contract needs. But sometimes I provide the client with a sentence or two that they can copy and paste to use as the contract description for the hourly contract.

Also:

It is possible for freelancers to propose/create milestones in fixed-price contracts.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006324388-Propose-Milestones

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Maureen:
As a freelancer, I prefer to write the contracts.

I will write them as a text document and then send it through messages to the client. The client can copy and paste the text I wrote when creating the contract on their end.

Usually this doesn't mean writing up a "whole contract." Upwork provides default contract language that I'm fine with. What this means is writing up a task description. What is it that will be done as part of this milestone?

With an hourly contract, it is far less common for me to write the contract description, because it is less important and doesn't need the kind of precision and detail that a fixed-price contract needs. But sometimes I provide the client with a sentence or two that they can copy and paste to use as the contract description for the hourly contract.

Also:

It is possible for freelancers to propose/create milestones in fixed-price contracts.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006324388-Propose-Milestones

So easy! Thanks, Preston. I was thinking some template had to be used. Appreciate the quick response.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members