🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked for email address to send NDA
Page options
patanwala_husain
Community Member

Client asked for email address to send NDA

Hello,

My potential client has asked me for my email to share NDA. Our contract ye not started yet. Is it okay to share email for this purpose?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

You may provide your email address for this purpose. Tell the client:

"Greg: Here is my email address. This may be used for the purpose of providing the NDA and letting me sign the NDA. This email address may not yet be used for regular communication. All communication with me must be done using the Upwork Messages tool until an Upwork contract is in place."

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Husain P wrote:
Hello,

My potential client has asked me for my email to share NDA. Our contract ye not started yet. Is it okay to share email for this purpose?

Thanks!

Why doesn't he just send the NDA via upwork messenger? I would not use email before hire. 

If it is simply a file, then of course the appropriate thing to do is to share the document via Upwork Messenger. But if it is an NDA integrated into a web application, such as Verisign, then that might not work.

Preston H wrote:

But if it is an NDA integrated into a web application, such as Verisign, then that might not work.

Interesting point, Preston.

All my NDAs were files sent via Upwork message app.

"Certa bonum certamen"

You are absolutely right Preston. it is an NDA integrated into a web application. Not a document so it could not be shared via Upwork messanger. Thanks!

mukeshsalaria01
Community Member

I have the same situation here. Client has NDA in Adobe so he need my email to share that NDA.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members