🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked me for refund . What i will do ....
Page options
atifsadiq7
Community Member

Client asked me for refund . What i will do . Is it effect my Jss or Any Negitive thing to my accoun

Client asked me for refund . What i will do . Is it effect my Jss or Any Negitive thing to my account?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Atif S wrote:

Because he thinks that i have not completed the job as i promised . But I have completed the job as we discussed .

But today he ended the contract & ask for refund . What is the best solution for tackling this situation ? . 

Well, in that case the feedback and the negative effect on your JSS has already happened anyway, so you might as well try to get the money. 

The money the client is asking for is the money that was / is in Escrow?

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
sivavranagaro
Community Member

Do you need to fully refund it?

yes

Atif S wrote:
yes

Why does the client want a refund?

Because he thinks that i have not completed the job as i promised . But I have completed the job as we discussed . Actually i went above and beyond to help him & make things easy for him . 

But today he ended the contract & ask for refund . What is the best solution for tackling this situation ? . 

tlbp
Community Member

If the client has already ended the contract, then he has left feedback--you just can't see it yet. If you did the work, keep the money. 

atifsadiq7
Community Member

I think he didn,t left the feedback . I have attached the picture .

If you believe you did what was discussed then refuse to refund the money. Stand your ground and see what he does. He probably won't pursue it and if he's already left feedback, it's done as others have said. Don't just back down.

What are the Options for Client to Pursuie?

Oh the client will have left feedback for certain, as it is completely impossible for the client NOT to leave feedback when closing the contracts.

N/A means "not available" - because of the refund request, but clearly the feedback won't have been great.

You now have the choice between agreeing to the refund request or going to dispute. If you go to dispute a mediator will try to get you and the client to work it out amicably. If that fails, the only option will be arbitration, but that is very expensive (at $ 291 each - client, you and Upwork)

How much money are we talking about?

The client Budget is 20 $ but Amount in Escrow is only 10 $ . He said after completion of work he will paid the extra 10 $ . I do not want these 10 $ on the expense of my account badly effected by this contract .

Atif S wrote:

The client Budget is 20 $ but Amount in Escrow is only 10 $ . He said after completion of work he will paid the extra 10 $ . I do not want these 10 $ on the expense of my account badly effected by this contract .

The effect on your JSS is already done, it makes no difference if you dispute or not, that ship has already sailed.

You might as well click on the "Dispute" button and see what happens.

Also check if the client is ising your work because if they don't want to pay for it, they do not own it and can not use it.

Is the Feedback given by client is show on my profile & Secondly if i do not refund & also do not dispute then what happens ?

Atif S wrote:

1) Is the Feedback given by client is show on my profile &

2) Secondly if i do not refund & also do not dispute then what happens ?

1) If money is paid, it will show, yes. If no money is paid, it will not show (but it will affect your JSS either way)

2) After 7 days the money goes back to the client automatically.

I am talking about 5 star ratings & review that Client write after closing the contract .Is that shown on the profile ?

Atif S wrote:

I am talking about 5 star ratings & review that Client write after closing the contract .Is that shown on the profile ?

Did that client give you a 5 star rating??????

If you get paid, it will show

If you don't get paid, it won't show.

Why would a happy client ask for all their money back?

Why would a client, who, as you said, was not happy, leave 5 star feedback?

Actually  i am talking about the Ratings coloum .Everything is clear now . Thanks Petra for helping me in this issue . 

Atif S wrote:

Because he thinks that i have not completed the job as i promised . But I have completed the job as we discussed .

Well, in that case the feedback and the negative effect on your JSS has already happened anyway, so you might as well try to get the money. 

The money the client is asking for is the money that was / is in Escrow?

Yes the money was in Escrow ( funded money) . But in my contract term & Settings .In coloum of client feedback N/A is written . What does it means . Not Applicable ? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths