🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking extra work otherwise he wil...
Page options
rakibkhan90
Community Member

Client asking extra work otherwise he will cancel the order

İ completed a Shopify project and client liked and also changed Shopify acce So that i can't work any more ,

But now he is asking to make a new Shopify store Using new temporary url and using new Gmail exactly copying the site that İ  Have built without paying any extra fee,  if i don't create then he will cancel the project...

What i should now ? Should i agree to cancel the project ? Or Upwork support can help me get rid of him ?  İf i cancel the order will it be impact on my job successfull score ? 

İ saw his review with previous freelancer some of freelancer also given bad review 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rakib K wrote:

i cancel the order and doest not impact on my JSS then i am ready cancel ,  Negative review or JSS down is problem for me 

If you cancel the client gets their escrow money back. This would only effect your JSS if the client left poor private feedback.

When a client has a history of bad outcomes, (poor private feedback received and given) then their contracts are all excluded from all their freelancers' JSS.

That said, refunding escrow funds will have NO effect on the JSS. It only removes the contract from the profile so it can't be seen, it does not (nor did it ever) remove any possible impact on the JSS.

You may want to cancel it yourself and hope that a) The client won't leave any (private) feedback or b), the client's history is poor enough for any possible poor feedback to not count.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can end a contract at any time, the client is always able to leave a review. Always check client feedback before accepting a job, not afterwards.

But he may leave nagative review 

yitwail
Community Member

Rakib, if it's an hourly job and you used time tracker, or it's fixed price and the milestone was approved, let him cancel if he wants, but otherwise, if it's fixed price, you should request milestone approval. And don't worry about JSS, you can improve that with your next job. 

It is fixed price and i did send milestone approval request yet, it i cancel the order and doest not impact on my JSS then i am ready cancel ,  Negative review or JSS down is problem for me 

You mentioned that the client received bad reviews from other freelancers. Did he give them bad reviews as well? If so, you might want to study this article:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score 

Under How is My Job Success Score Calculated? it says,

• We understand that some projects have bad outcomes because the client is difficult to work with. We track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been previously flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), their feedback will not count against your JSS.

So maybe the feedback will not lower your JSS, but there's no way to know beforehand. Also, I know this is no consolation, but if you cancel the job, it encourages the client to victimize other freelancers, and you won't be able to warn other freelancers about the client by writing a negative review.

Rakib K wrote:

i cancel the order and doest not impact on my JSS then i am ready cancel ,  Negative review or JSS down is problem for me 

If you cancel the client gets their escrow money back. This would only effect your JSS if the client left poor private feedback.

When a client has a history of bad outcomes, (poor private feedback received and given) then their contracts are all excluded from all their freelancers' JSS.

That said, refunding escrow funds will have NO effect on the JSS. It only removes the contract from the profile so it can't be seen, it does not (nor did it ever) remove any possible impact on the JSS.

You may want to cancel it yourself and hope that a) The client won't leave any (private) feedback or b), the client's history is poor enough for any possible poor feedback to not count.

I have ended the contract , Now can client leave a feedback private or public for me ? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members