🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking for Amazon review
Page options
jacquelinedavis
Community Member

Client asking for Amazon review

Hello!  I have completed and submitted deliverables for my client, which was proofreading a children's book.  This was a fixed-price contract and the client has deposited the single milestone.  The client indicated that they were happy with my work but is now requesting that I leave a review of the book on Amazon.  I did not pay for the book (it was sent to me in digital form for proofreading). I would not have accepted this job if I had known in the beginning that a review was an expectation of this client.  I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

Politely explain to the client that because you were paid to read the book (in order to proofread it), it would violate Amazon's TOS for you to leave a review there. Upwork TOS prohibits you from violating other platform's TOS. So, for both of these reasons you cannot add your review to their Amazon listing. 
Hopefully, their request was a misundestanding. If not, your next step would be to report the situation. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tlbp
Community Member

Politely explain to the client that because you were paid to read the book (in order to proofread it), it would violate Amazon's TOS for you to leave a review there. Upwork TOS prohibits you from violating other platform's TOS. So, for both of these reasons you cannot add your review to their Amazon listing. 
Hopefully, their request was a misundestanding. If not, your next step would be to report the situation. 

Thank you!  I did as you recommended and the client was very understanding.

Welcome’s 

prestonhunter
Community Member

I recommend politely explaining that Amazon has extremely aggressive policies prohibiting this, policies that they actively enforce, and you don't want to risk seeing your client's book de-listed from the platform.

Thank you!

khanripon93
Community Member

Well done 👍 :white_heavy_check_mark: 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members