cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client asking for Amazon review

jacquelinedavis
Jacqueline D Member Since: May 24, 2021
1 of 5

Hello!  I have completed and submitted deliverables for my client, which was proofreading a children's book.  This was a fixed-price contract and the client has deposited the single milestone.  The client indicated that they were happy with my work but is now requesting that I leave a review of the book on Amazon.  I did not pay for the book (it was sent to me in digital form for proofreading). I would not have accepted this job if I had known in the beginning that a review was an expectation of this client.  I would appreciate any advice.  Thank you!

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Politely explain to the client that because you were paid to read the book (in order to proofread it), it would violate Amazon's TOS for you to leave a review there. Upwork TOS prohibits you from violating other platform's TOS. So, for both of these reasons you cannot add your review to their Amazon listing. 
Hopefully, their request was a misundestanding. If not, your next step would be to report the situation. 

View solution in original post

jacquelinedavis
3 of 5

Thank you!  I did as you recommended and the client was very understanding.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

I recommend politely explaining that Amazon has extremely aggressive policies prohibiting this, policies that they actively enforce, and you don't want to risk seeing your client's book de-listed from the platform.

jacquelinedavis
5 of 5

Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS