🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking for DOB
Page options
namkeswani
Community Member

Client asking for DOB

Hi all,

I've been offered (and accepted) a job on Upwork with a client who is subcontracting the work (to me).

So I will be working as a contractor for my client (C1), on their client's (C2) system.

My client (C1) has sent me a form that requires me to submit my DOB and the form will be used by their client (C2) to set me up on their system.

I do not want to provide my DOB. What would be the best way to respond to this situation?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Namrata

2 REPLIES 2
2e395a62
Community Member

If this is the only personal info they want you to disclose (no name, address, SS number, etc.), then it's probably because they need to set up a password for you or they want to make sure you are an adult due to some legal constraints. If I were you, I would just send them a fake date of birth. 

prestonhunter
Community Member

Namrata:

I am not going to tell you what to do.

But if this happened to me... if a client who seemed otherwise legitimate asked me for my date of birth, then I would assume it was for some technical reason... It is a "hoop to jump through", and not because they want to send me a birthday card each year. There's a person on the other side of this question who is just tryng to do their job, and they don't actually care about WHICH date of birth you give them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members