🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking for a refund
Page options
roselle_dago-oc
Community Member

Client asking for a refund

Hello everyone,

I need an advice. I'm so disappointed about my client I have worked with a fixed-price contract that has already been paid. I did my best to get the job done successfully. After that, the client asking for a refund as he said he don't like the work and then ended the contract immediately. What should I do? I am a Top Rated. I feel so down as this is my first time encountering this kind of client's behavior. Can I request to remove his feedback immediately? or what if I will give him a refund? will his feedback be invisible to my profile?

I'll appreciate any answers!

Thanks,
Roselle
6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to learn about your experience, Roselle. 

It looks like the client is requesting a refund on the released milestone. You have the option of issuing a full/partial refund, or not refunding anything at all if you feel that a refund is not warranted. The decision on how to move forward lies on you, and how you wish to manage your freelancing business. However, it would be best to communicate with your client what you intend to do. Hopefully, both you and our client are able to resolve this amicably. 

~ Avery
Upwork

What if I will give him the full refund? Will still his feedback to me displays in my profile?

Do you have your top rated perk available? If you haven't used it in the last 10 contracts and 3 months you can use it.

If that so, I want to remove the feedback and also that is no effect on my JSS. May I know what should I request in that case?

Roselle Rose D wrote:
If that so, I want to remove the feedback and also that is no effect on my JSS. May I know what should I request in that case?

I included the link so you can find out about your top rated perk.

Read the details and then proceed accordingly.

Thanks so much!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths