🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client asking for a refund
Page options
c14b1942
Community Member

Client asking for a refund

I am really disappointed with my client. I made a design for him even without a specific design brief and guidelines. I based on what she initially said.After I made the design, I told her that I am willing to make small amendments even without using time tracker until we make it perfect.

After seeing my design, she did not want it and she told that she did want me to make second draft adn she was asking for a REFUND. 

What should I do? It's unfair if I will refund even I work on it. If I did not refund, there's a possibility that she will rate me bad. Please help me. 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Vincent John B wrote:

I am really disappointed with my client. I made a design for him even without a specific design brief and guidelines.. 

That was very unwise. Why would you do something like that?

Vincent John B wrote:

What should I do? It's unfair if I will refund even I work on it. If I did not refund, there's a possibility that she will rate me bad. Please help me. 

You did work you were not asked to do.  If the client closed the contract, the rating is already done. Even if it is still open, obviously the client's rating won't be good considering how the client did not like what you did (working without a brief and the work itself).

Is it an hourly or a fixed rate contract?

c14b1942
Community Member

It's hourly contract

petra_r
Community Member

Vincent John B wrote:

It's hourly contract

Did you properly track your hours with the Upwork tracker?

Is the contract still open?

Do you think it is fair and correct for the client to pay for hours that you spent doing something you were not aasked to work on?

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Vincent John B.,

If you did the work as agreed don't agree to a refund.

If you jumped the gun and feld you needed to make many assumptions about what the client wanted, then some amount of refund is probably the right thing to do.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths