🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking for different work than describ...
Page options
o6jque1gph
Community Member

Client asking for different work than described in original posting

Hi,

I was wondering what the policy is regarding clients that change their job description significantly enough that it no longer matches the original posting I have send a proposal for. Just to be clear, both the type of work and the price has changed/lowered.

I'm not interested in the newly proposed work, however I've already spend connects sending a proposal to this client.

This client is now asking if I would do that work based off my original proposal, which makes no sense. I wouldn't have sent a proposal in the first place if they would've posted the job as in their 'new' description.

What can I do in this case? Specifically to get my connects back.

Thanks,

Arthur

1 REPLY 1
jr-translation
Community Member

Arthur V wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering what the policy is regarding clients that change their job description significantly enough that it no longer matches the original posting I have send a proposal for. Just to be clear, both the type of work and the price has changed/lowered.

I'm not interested in the newly proposed work, however I've already spend connects sending a proposal to this client.

This client is now asking if I would do that work based off my original proposal, which makes no sense. I wouldn't have sent a proposal in the first place if they would've posted the job as in their 'new' description.

What can I do in this case? Specifically to get my connects back.

Thanks,

Arthur

Clients sometimes have jobs they do not post on Upwork but ask freelancers directly. It is quite possible that this client wants to hire you but found someone else for the other job or just doesn not need it anymore.

Check out the feedback he received by previous freelancers, they can be very telling.
You have to decide for yourself if you want to accept the job offered or not. When replying stay calm and professional and tell the client either that you are happy to help them with the new task or that you are sorry but you feel not to be the best match for the new job.

You should also consider that, calculating with your rate, a the connects spend for a proposal are worth 36 seconds of your time. How long did it take to create this thread?

Just keep in mind for the future that clients do not have to hire freelancers after posting a job. You use connects to present yourself but you never know if you get hired fo the job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members