cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client: *******asking for free job

Ace Contributor
Jennifer S Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
11 of 17

I would say about 20-30 minutes per thousand, if there is not a lot of research involved.

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
12 of 17
A non-fiction "writer" could get it done quickly by grabbing an article on the same topic off the internet and then changing the words around just enough to bypass plagiarism-checking software, which isn't really writing. I don't see how you could do something like that with fiction, though.
Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
13 of 17

Half-decent 4k words fiction story will cost around 80-150$. Depending on complexity and originality. At least that's a pricing I'd charge. Maybe I'll even dump a little.

As to what Marcia mentioned about taking articles off web and changing some words to pass copyspace, same goes for fiction stories. A lot of so-called "writers" just take stories from FictionPress or some other open source, rewrite them slightly and pass of as their own.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
14 of 17

...and then for polishing it up, proofreaders come really cheap..

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
15 of 17

I've seen a lot of jobs lately with a really low price for editing and proofreading. The sad thing is that people keep applying for those positions.

I really don't understand why someone would take a job at that price unless they just plan on running the file through a grammar checker and that's it.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
16 of 17

Because there are clients who will pay for that!

and then the assumpotion that because someone else hass checked it, it's less of a job.

Imagine: "electrician to check wiring in my house. It's already been checked so it shouldn't take you long..."

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
17 of 17

I generally avoid job posts and invites by clients who post ads like that. If the client has no clear idea of what needs to be done and the amount of work that goes with it, they are not people I would want to work with.

One time a client invited me to a job post with extremely low budget. I gave him a proper quote and he asked why I'm asking for 'too much' since the job is very easy. I told him the job is only $15, but my time is worth $485 (total $500).

I don't think he got it. This just goes to show that no one can buy common sense...but then, with his measly budget, I doubt if he can afford it Smiley Very Happy

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS