🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking for refund after completing a s...
Page options
md_shaifullah
Community Member

Client asking for refund after completing a successful project

Hi Concern,
I already successfully finished my client job and based on my work, experience, and efforts client gave me a good rating and feedback. Now after 3 months client is asking for a refund. What should I do please suggest. This is the job link I worked on

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/~0114027e81b3b7702c

6 REPLIES 6
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

Sorry about that Md S. If you've done quality job and you're sure you completed the job, I think the best thing to do is to dispute the refund request. You have to respond or Upwork will automatically refund the client after 7 days. 

I had similar experience. Client disappeared after I completed the job, never respond to my messages and I asked that I cancelled the contract etc. 

Cut the story short, I disputed the request because I knew I did a quality to job. We went into a dispute. However, keep in mind that should you decide to dispute, client is going to rate you very poor and that's going to affect your JSS. This is what I've noticed from disputing.

David S wrote:

You have to respond or Upwork will automatically refund the client after 7 days. 

This is not true.

He does NOT have to respond and Upwork will not do anything after 7 days. This is a refund request, not a request to return escrow funds.

David S wrote:

However, keep in mind that should you decide to dispute, client is going to rate you very poor and that's going to affect your JSS. This is what I've noticed from disputing.

The feedback is already left at that point. The dispute didn't your JSS, because by the time you disputed, that effect was already set in stone. What caused the effect on your JSS and the poor feedback is that the client wasn't happy, which is why they asked for their money back in the first place.

And the OP's contract ended weeks ago, so this doesn't apply anyway.

md_shaifullah
Community Member

The client has already given me feedback ("Md was able to get the DNS replication to work from on-premise to Azure.") and a rating (4.80 out of 5) and now she is asking for a refund and already send the refund request? Tell me now what should I do?

petra_r
Community Member

Just tell the client that you are not willing to refund.

If the last milestone was paid more than 30 days ago, the client can't dispute anymore and the contract is closed anyway-

It was an hourly contract and the last payment was made 60 days ago.

Just tell the client that you are not going to refund. There is nothing the client can do about it

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members