🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking for refund
Page options
saif552
Community Member

Client asking for refund

Hi,

Recently, I done the job of scraping for client. I scraped 1 million products. 1 product took 1 second to scrape it was almost 20 days processing but I run more then 1 instance to complete Job in 10 days. But when I send to client he said some columns are missing. I find out he has a vendor account for that website. He is seeing more information then me. He never told me that even, I prepare the demo but he said I don't need demo just complete the work but now there is problem.

He dont want to give login detail but some how I manage to find hidden data without login. Data was in code he send me the screenshots then I search for that and this time preapre demo and send it to him. After seeing the demo; he shows me green signal. I again scrape 1 million product but this time I buy server for scraping. I scraped in 3 days it was costly but I complete the work. 
He accept the delivery, Contract was end on 28 December but today he is asking for refund by saying "data is missing massive amount of information" there is URL in each row I check manually if there is no specs or less specs of product in CSV file then on there website is also less specs and no specs. 

Total budget was even not the 10% of stuggle I did. What should I do with refunds? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

Total budget was even not the 10% of stuggle I did. What should I do with refunds? 

You don't HAVE to give a refund if you did the work, put in the time, effort and/or money.  It is up to you to decide.  Client may dispute and will likely win.  Depending on budget it may go to arbitration if you and the client both agree to pay $291.  I'm going to assume this wasn't for a large sum of money.  

If this is the 1.9 star client, the damage has already been done.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
robin_hyman
Community Member

You don't HAVE to give a refund if you did the work, put in the time, effort and/or money.  It is up to you to decide.  Client may dispute and will likely win.  Depending on budget it may go to arbitration if you and the client both agree to pay $291.  I'm going to assume this wasn't for a large sum of money.  

If this is the 1.9 star client, the damage has already been done.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members