🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asking for too many changes. What can ...
Page options
m_ten_dam
Community Member

Client asking for too many changes. What can I do?

Hi. I've Submitted a long document to a client after which they sent it back asking me to change nearly everything... I followed their instructions and I don't think this is fair. What can I do?
5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mariska T wrote:
Hi. I've Submitted a long document to a client after which they sent it back asking me to change nearly everything... I followed their instructions and I don't think this is fair. What can I do?

Discuss with your client.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I'm assuming that this is a fixed price project? Did you specify how many revisions (if any) were included in your bid price?

Whenever I have a long project to do, I only submit 1 or 2 pages to the client to make sure that I'm on the right track before I continue with the rest of the document. (Sorry, I know that this doesn't help you with your current situation, but it might be worth keeping in mind in the future.)

Thanks Christine.

I guess I've been lucky as this has never happened before. 🙂

I'll definitely use your advice in the future.

It's still worth discussing with them, though. You could say (politely) that you thought you had followed the brief and that the changes are more extensive than you expected and will be quite time-consuming to carry out. If the client is reasonable, they should offer to pay something for the revisions. Sometimes people honestly don't know how long their requests will take; they're not necessarily trying to rip you off.

visualstudio
Community Member

Yes, communication is key, but sometimes some clients know about JSS and they want updates for free. In this case main goal is finish job and develop filings about bad clients. It means make all for same price what you deal and this think as payed leason .

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members