🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asks for completed job application
Page options
gxgomez
Community Member

Client asks for completed job application

A client is requesting I complete a separate job application on their own site in order to proceed with the interview process.  Is this against Upwork's TOS?  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Gus,

Thanks for reaching out to check on this. Upwork TOS require that all conversations and interviews between a client and freelancer before a contract has started must take place through the Upwork platform, unless the client is on Enterprise or Business plan. This would apply to off-platform links to apply and interview. For more information, please see this help article. Feel free to flag messages like that for the team's review but I'll also share your post with the team.

~Andrea
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Gus:

My recommendation to you is to do this:

Tell the client that Upwork policies prohibit you from filling out an application on an external site, but you will be happy to do either of the following:

a) you can fill out the external application after you have been hired using an official Upwork contract

[or]
b) you can answer questions asked through the Upwork Messages tool.

If the client does not do either (a) or (b) then use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report this client and job.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths