🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client bizarre behavior
Page options
6989aa12
Community Member

Client bizarre behavior

Hi everyone,

After one month of work, I submitted project as posted on job offer with tasks list enumerated in word file by client.

The client liked the result on receiving the web app and requested some changes and bugs correction, which I resolved , and now he is telling me he does not like it.

Please tell me what to do.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
colettelewis
Community Member

Mohamed L wrote:

Hi everyone,

After one month of work, I submitted project as posted on job offer with tasks list enumerated in word file by client.

The client liked the result on receiving the web app and requested some changes and bugs correction, which I resolved , and now he is telling me he does not like it.

Please tell me what to do.

Thanks

It sounds as if he is going to try for a refund. Have you been paid for the work you have already done? 

Hi,

@Nichola L, it is  a fixed-price job with escrow,

I did not get paid until now as he did not release the funds

Thanks for helping with the steps to do

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed L wrote:

Hi,

@Nichola L, it is  a fixed-price job with escrow,

I did not get paid until now as he did not release the funds

Thanks for helping with the steps to do

If you have submitted through the Submit for work function and the client did not hit the "request changes" button, you can just wait it out until 14 days are up.

Have you discussed with the client what they want to have changed? 

6989aa12
Community Member

Hi,

@Petra R, did submited  the app and added some custom request not on task list for free.

So I asked him to fill a dispute when he told me today that he does not like it so why he did not tell me that on first submision but asked me to add some features.

Thanks

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed L wrote:

did submited  the app and added some custom request not on task list for free.

So I asked him to fill a dispute when he told me today that he does not like it so why he did not tell me that on first submision but asked me to add some features.

Did the client use the "Request changes" function? And why would you tell a client to file a dispute? That's completely counter-intuitive. You don't want a dispute.

6989aa12
Community Member

@Petra R,

He request changes 3 times, and later he asked for a complete refactor after I submitted changes as he asked.

So as he added a new request I couldn't wait 14days or do a refactoring .

Thanks for the advice

petra_r
Community Member

It's you who should file for a dispute if he did that 3 times, if you are sure that you did the job completely.

6989aa12
Community Member

@Petra R,I did not find how to file for a dspute as freelamcer (button or link).

Thanks a lot for your time, much appreciated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members