🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client blocked me after interview
Page options
rossremigio
Community Member

Client blocked me after interview

Is there a way to report this? I was sent an invitation to apply from someone which I immediately responded to. Next day, I got interviewed by him and his ceo.

After 2 days, I asked for feedback via messaging here. Then later on I found out he blocked me.

Very unprofessional. I hope we freelancers can also give feedback to these kinds of employers.
4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way to report this?"

You can not report an Upwork user for blocking you.

Upwork provides blocking functionality so that users can block people if they want to.

There IS NOTHING WRONG with blocking someone.

To give better context of the conversation:

• Client sent me invitation to apply
  • I responded immediately after
  • Client invited me for interview.
  • I provided the zoom link. Interview done - Endorsed to CEO.
  • Client messaged me again if I can be available within 10 mins as the CEO is available at that time. Again, immediately responded.
  • Did the interview with CEO.
  • Did not hear back day after.
  • 2nd day, no feedback again. Messaged client via Upwork if there are any feedback.
  • Instead of replying about any feedback - client just blocked me.

I felt this is very unfair since I was invited to apply to which I obliged. I respect every client here and give effort even when I am the one who was offered to apply to their company.

Later on, instead of being professional and courteous about the status of the interview, they just resorted to blocking me.

It means he wanted you to leave him alone. That's kinda what the feature is for.

tlbp
Community Member

Ross Elaine R wrote:

To give better context of the conversation:

• Client sent me invitation to apply
  • I responded immediately after
  • Client invited me for interview.
  • I provided the zoom link. Interview done - Endorsed to CEO.
  • Client messaged me again if I can be available within 10 mins as the CEO is available at that time. Again, immediately responded.
  • Did the interview with CEO.
  • Did not hear back day after.
  • 2nd day, no feedback again. Messaged client via Upwork if there are any feedback.
  • Instead of replying about any feedback - client just blocked me.

I felt this is very unfair since I was invited to apply to which I obliged. I respect every client here and give effort even when I am the one who was offered to apply to their company.

Later on, instead of being professional and courteous about the status of the interview, they just resorted to blocking me.

Upwork is a very unfair place and there are no rules requiring clients to engage with you in a particular way. You had the interview, the client didn't want to communicate with you any more so they blocked you. You don't have to like it, but there's nothing to report.

Upwork isn't going to scold clients for not being nice. You can't make people answer your messages. If you encounter clients you believe are rude, your recourse is to choose not to work for them. 

**Did you reveal personal information related to your address or ID during the interviews? The clients may have been trying to scam you. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members