Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client blocked me !

Ace Contributor
Amr Y Member Since: May 3, 2015
1 of 12

Hello,

Today I saw a job , I did bid on it then the client message me 

Asked him for reference of what he need then he showed me sample, I accept to work in his task and then I asked him to change the price payment from fixed to hourly after that blocked me ! I don't know why !!!

Is that will affect on my JSS if I get blocked but he didnt hired me ??

Also my JSS dropped last week from 83% to 79% , after got 5 start in long term contract, why ??

Community Leader
Timothy S Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
2 of 12

1. If you were never hired by this client, this will not change your JSS.

2. There are a ton of factors that go into your JSS. In addition to the 5 stars, clients are able to leave private feedback. which is also factored into the equation. Additionally, the JSS is a moving window, which means older jobs fall out and are replaced with newer jobs over time. It's possible that you received some low private feedback, or that a job or two that were helping keep your score boosted have fallen out of the JSS window.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 12

re: "I asked him to change the price payment from fixed to hourly after that blocked me ! I don't know why !!!"

He blocked you because you asked to change the contract from fixed-price to hourly.

Which is a normal thing to ask for. I regularly ask clients to do the same thing when it makes sense for the project. But in this case, the client didn't want to do that with you and he didn't want to deal with you any more. So he blocked you.

No harm done. Don't worry about it.

Olasunkanmi A Member Since: Jun 24, 2018
4 of 12
Honestly it's not cool. Many of those clients have unnecessary ego and ill character.
I was blocked by one today just because I toasted her for a price raise during negotiation (imagine $3 for 800 words and I politely asked if she could increase to $5). I was/am that desperate because I've not got my first UpWork job which is the most difficult of the journey.
I searched and found her mail and some social media accounts, apologised and asked if she could unblock me, but no response.
I felt horribly rejected.
I've marked her face. When I later make it in life, I'll find her and ask where her quick blocking has taken her to.
😫
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
5 of 12

Olasunkanmi A wrote:
Honestly it's not cool. Many of those clients have unnecessary ego and ill character.
I was blocked by one today just because I toasted her for a price raise during negotiation (imagine $3 for 800 words and I politely asked if she could increase to $5). I was/am that desperate because I've not got my first UpWork job which is the most difficult of the journey.
I searched and found her mail and some social media accounts, apologised and asked if she could unblock me, but no response.
I've marked her face. When I later make it in life, I'll find her and ask where her quick blocking has taken her to.
😫

1. Never offer one rate just to increase it later.

2. Never harass clients.

3. Grow up! This is a public forum.

6 of 12
Hey Methuselah, she offered I countered. Not that I proposed the price
before her.
Never jump into conclusion, this is a public forum, grow up!
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
7 of 12

Olasunkanmi A wrote:
😫

Stalking clients will get you banned from the platform.

8 of 12
Noted. Thanks.
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 12

Olasunkanmi A wrote:

😫

Wow, that is breathtakingly unprofessional.

If the client reports you to Upwork, you might find your backside slung off the platform so fast you won't know what hit you.

You "marked" her face"?  Unbelievably creepy...

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 12

Hi Amr,

If you haven't accepted the offer and a contract wasn't created, your client's actions won't affect your Job Success Score. I can also confirm the factors Timothy mentioned are indeed included in the calculation, along with contracts on which a full refund has been issued, contracts without any payment and open contracts without any activity for a prolonged period of time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS