🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client called me an idiot and blocked me
Page options
nikola_grujicic
Community Member

Client called me an idiot and blocked me

Hi! Is there any chance for Upwork to react, or it is done with this platform and me?!

Note: Client called the project negotiable (for 30$, or 32 and 25 cents I guess) and after I realized that he pays complex work in AHK scripts between 20-30$ I messaged him not to invite me anymore if he/she continues to have such attitude towards complex intelectual jobs. Being much more competent in AHK script, I could count tens of possible issues that could consume tens of hours in this kind of projects, so final price would be less than 2$ per hour. Client called me an idiot and blocked me. If this is a common practice on Upwork, please inform me...

Note 2: If I do not have a right to notice if someones attitude towards intelectual workers do not have to be "**Edited for Community Guidelines**", then I really do not have to work for Upwork anymore and all money I made to spend on your 20% fee and memberships!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richardrader
Community Member

Nickola, I have met some pretty demeaning clients both on and off UpWork. This is simply a part of freelancing. You will meet clients with unrealistic expectations, unrealistic rates, and some who can be vulgar. I find that a majority of clients on this platform do not fit into this category. But alas these clients do exist and you will find them on every platform and even off platform. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Spending any time thinking about this client and his actions is detrimental. Spend time finding awesome clients instead. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

You explicitly accused the client of "exploitation."

AFTER you said that, the client wrote that you are an idiot.

I read what the client said. You have a right to disagree with the client, but nothing he said was inaccurate or untruthful from his perspective. He was being polite even after you attacked him.

The client could report you. I hope that he does not.

From what you told us in your post, and based on the screenshot you posted, it looks like you were discussing a possible job with a prospective client, and the negotiation did not result in you being hired.

This matter is now over.

For what it's worth, you have not lost out on anything by this client deciding to block you. This client and you were never going to be a good match.

Do you have any additional questions?

Yes. Are you an AHK scripts expert, able to develop an AHK scripts that works with COM objects, combined with some web drivers, etc, and deliver that script to final user as product you can bet it works in any case, without any issue, no matter what caused that issue (user computer illiteracy, webdriver failure, slow internet, autocomplete function on website, heavy Javascript on page, etc)?

So, are you an AHK scripts expert?

You are angry. I get that.

But you have completely misunderstood the situation if you think that this is about AHK.

No. I am not angry. I am an AHK scripts expert and I know how that technology consumes time, how tricky it could be and how many times I estimated one hour of work will be enough, but finished final product after couple of days of work. If good product for the client is not the ultimate purpose of this platform, then lets fraud each other with cheap, low quality scripts... I am not talking about the AHK scripts, I am talking about lowering quality standards because of unreal expectations from the side of clients. People expect to get something for nothing. When I noticed that (and I feel competent enough to talk about complexity of that project), the client called me an idiot. Ok, maybe "exploitation" is too sharp word and maybe I should say "You expect something for nothing", but maybe "idiot" is sharp word too. Maybe sharper?! As someone who never did anything wrong to this platform or my clients, someone who got only 5 stars for work, someone who never tried to use this platform for finding clients and then skip it when is time to pay, someone who payed membership for many months, I would be really disappointed if this platform favorizes people that spent 1000$ on 30 projects or so, and ignores my call for help...

You did not answer are you an AHK scripts expert. I answered to your comment (that I am angry), but you did not answered to my question. So, are you competent enough to talk about complexity of the AHK scripts and judge how many hours is enough to deliver final product written in complex AHK scripts? Thank you for you answer...

NikolaS

Hi Nikola,

I am sorry to hear about this. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you. I am pretty dissapointed already. I hope I will not be charged for calling "asking something for nothing" as "exploitation attitude"... Maybe I should delete my account or so...

Edited:

No, you are not sorry.

Hi Nikola,

I'm truly sorry to hear you feel this way, I understand this is a very frustrating situation for you. We've escalated your concern to the appropiate team and they have reached out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

~Andrea
Upwork

No, you are not sorry.

Nikola G wrote:

Thank you. I am pretty dissapointed already. I hope I will not be charged for calling "asking something for nothing" as "exploitation attitude"... Maybe I should delete my account or so...

Nikola, 

There are thousands of clients on Upwork with unrealistic expectations. If someone invites you to a job that has a clearly ridiculous budget, all you need do is to decline the job. If you keep getting the same invite, then it is down to you to block the client. 

You really do not need to engage with someone who you are clearly not going to work with.  

You did not solve my problem **Edited for Community Guidelines** I marked other guys answer as a solution.

richardrader
Community Member

Nickola, I have met some pretty demeaning clients both on and off UpWork. This is simply a part of freelancing. You will meet clients with unrealistic expectations, unrealistic rates, and some who can be vulgar. I find that a majority of clients on this platform do not fit into this category. But alas these clients do exist and you will find them on every platform and even off platform. And there is nothing you can do about it.

Spending any time thinking about this client and his actions is detrimental. Spend time finding awesome clients instead. 

Thank you very much! You gave most honest answer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths