Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client can't give feedback

Highlighted
Holly K Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
1 of 9

Hi

I need some advice

I have recently completed my third job on Upwork. I have left feedback for my client, however my client is struggling to give feeback to me.

The client said an error message came up when they gave me feedback. I waited a couple of days and asked if she was able to give feedback yet, she said that she tried  again to leave feedback retrospectively, but can't find a way to do it.

I'm concerned that the job will eventually say "no feedback recieved." as a new freelancer I feel that will look like I have done a bad job and the client didn;t want to give feedback.

Is there anything I can do, or should I just leave it?

Highlighted
Alexander M Member Since: Mar 23, 2016
2 of 9

You can try to press "Enable client to change feedback" link on contract details page (above your feedback), if it's available. After that client can try to leave feedback for you one more time.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Holly,

I've checked and can confirm the feedback button on your client's end is available and working as expected. Please ask them check this Help article for instructions to use the feedback button again.

Let me know if they are still seeing the error message.

Feedback.png

Highlighted
Holly K Member Since: Sep 6, 2016
4 of 9

Thank you for the quick and helpful responses.

I sent the client the link, and have now recieved feedback.

However my profile page shows 'no feedback given for the job'. Will this update itself in time to show the feedback? 

Edited to say feedback is now showing on my profile. Thanks

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 9

Hi Holly,

I've checked and see your profile was already updated, and is showing the feedback your client left.

Great job! 

Highlighted
Muhammad U Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
6 of 9

Hey Vladimir,
                 My client is also getting a similar problem, can you pls have a look. :-)

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
7 of 9

Hi Muhammad,

I checked this and your client should be able to provide feedback for your contract as the feedback button is still available for them. Please share this help article with them for more information on how they can do this.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Mikel S Member Since: Feb 21, 2020
8 of 9

Hi, 

I closed a contract but my client was not able to give feedback. Now I have enabled the client to give feedback but since the client was not responsive again for 2 weeks now he is not able to leave feedback anymore

Is there a time restriction for a client to leave feedback when the option is enabled for second time? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

Mikel S wrote:

Is there a time restriction for a client to leave feedback when the option is enabled for second time? 

If the client does not leave feedback within 2 weeks of you enabling them to do so, that's it.

You will now want to leave the client in peace.

In future,  encourage clients to close the contract, rather than doing it yourself. That way you are guaranteed feedback and don't have to annoy the hell out of your clients chasing them to leave feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS