🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client can't re-hire me directly
Page options
gymcarry
Community Member

Client can't re-hire me directly

I worked with a client for some time and then we ended the contract. Now the same client wanted to hire me again but there was no option available to directly hire me so he had to hire me through my agency. When the client clicks on the "re-hire" option, it automatically takes them to the agency page and they have to hire me via the agency. I would prefer to be hired directly as a freelancer and not via the agency. Is it possible? Any help is appreciaated.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please update your Default Team settings to the 'No default team' option on the My Teams page? Once done, please resend your freelancer profile link to the client and request them to click the 'Hire' button. Feel free to reach us if the problem persists.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AndreaG

Hi Ahsan,

Could you please confirm if the client hired you for the first time via the Agency or your freelancer profile? Could you please try sharing your freelancer profile link with the client so they can use the Hire button there?

~Andrea
Upwork
gymcarry
Community Member

The client hired me as a freelancer and not via the agency. I am a non-exclusive agency member. I asked the client to try and hire me via the hire button on my profile but it takes them to my agency profile. This is a long-term client so I need them to re-hire me directly.

Hi Ahsan,

Thank you for your message. Could you please update your Default Team settings to the 'No default team' option on the My Teams page? Once done, please resend your freelancer profile link to the client and request them to click the 'Hire' button. Feel free to reach us if the problem persists.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you very much, Pradeep. This worked for me.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members