🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client can't see my new contract
Page options
k_schuett
Community Member

Client can't see my new contract

I recently completed and closed a contract with a client who now wants to move forward with the next fixed-rate contract. I wrote one and submitted it, but she can't see it. The contract went to the same user as before, but in a different message thread, which she can't see. What's the solution?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

I checked and I see that the proposed by you (and later withdrawn) contract is showing on the client's end, just in a different message room. Both rooms show for the client. You can either propose a new contract in the message room you are currently talking to the client with or send your profile link to the client so they could click Hire and send you a new offer. Alternatively, the client can click View Contract> Rehire from the message room as well. Let us know if you or your client need further help with this.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Why can't the client create the contract and hire you?

She's not familiar with how that works so I was trying to save her the trouble. She's working on a new contract now, but it would still be nice to know why my version wasn't visible for future reference.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kristin,

I checked and I see that the proposed by you (and later withdrawn) contract is showing on the client's end, just in a different message room. Both rooms show for the client. You can either propose a new contract in the message room you are currently talking to the client with or send your profile link to the client so they could click Hire and send you a new offer. Alternatively, the client can click View Contract> Rehire from the message room as well. Let us know if you or your client need further help with this.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Member

Kristin S wrote:

I recently completed and closed a contract with a client who now wants to move forward with the next fixed-rate contract. I wrote one and submitted it, but she can't see it. The contract went to the same user as before, but in a different message thread, which she can't see. What's the solution?

Did you use this process? Go to your contracts page/view all contracts, click on the three little dots, and "Propose new contract". Before doing this it's wise to make sure the contract title and expections/pay are agreed upon by yourself and your client.

Screen shot 2019-11-05 at 1.24.32 PM.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths