Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client cancel contract

a_trenkenshu
Alexander T Member Since: Feb 6, 2019
1 of 3

Hello, I have the following problem:

on Friday evening my client sent me an offer. I accepted it. But on Sunday he appologized and canceled the contract because the work was no longer necessary. As I know this contract should influence negatively on JSS. Also I know, that as a Top rated freelancer I would be able to remove this project from JSS calculation by request.

But maybe there is another way how to resolve the case?

Thanks in advance,

Alexander.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Alexander T wrote:

Hello, I have the following problem:

on Friday evening my client sent me an offer. I accepted it. But on Sunday he appologized and canceled the contract because the work was no longer necessary. As I know this contract should influence negatively on JSS.

It will not necessarily affect you so hold off using your perk for now.

If the contract was closed before the last update (early afternoon UTC on Sunday) then if it had affected you, you'd have seen the effect already.

If the client chose "No longer needed" and did not leave poor private feedback, it should not affect you anyway. Nothing paid contracts affect you if they have no feedback (private) or poor feedback.

IF it has an effect, the only remedy is the perk but don't rush into anything.

View solution in original post

kata_ch
Katerina T Member Since: Jun 25, 2020
3 of 3

Hi,

I would like to know if in this case it is possible to leave feedback about the client because something similar has happened to me and the client has not bothered to apologize for canceling the contract a few hours after I accepted the offer.

In a normal situation I would not mind but the problem is that with this canceled contract my job success dropped to 90%. And it doesn't seem fair to me.

Thank you,

Katerina

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS