🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client canceled the contract and asking f...
Page options
devcre
Community Member

Client canceled the contract and asking for a refund

Hello, 
I need an advice and little knowledge how this works. My client asked me to add few lines of code to his website to which I gave him an advice after we started the contract that we can use a plugin, but that plugin required a Publisher ID. To explain him more I showed him the documentaion of that exact plugin to prove why we need a Publisher ID. So he asked me to wait till he gets that. Next day the client canceled the order and told me that he does not need my help anymore. I checked his website and he basically did the work by himself. I need an advice.

1. Should I dispute refund even though its a small amount and at the moment I care more about my Job Score than few dollars.
 2. Does this affect my Job Score?
3.  Did he already given me rating when he canceled the contract or he will after the refund is completed?

Thank you
Abubakr J.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

1. Should I dispute refund even though its a small amount and at the moment I care more about my Job Score than few dollars.
3.  Did he already given me rating when he canceled the contract or he will after the refund is completed?

1. That depends on the private feedback left

2. That depends on the private feedback left

3. Yes, private feedback has already been left.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

1. That depends on the private feedback left

2. That depends on the private feedback left

3. Yes, private feedback has already been left.

devcre
Community Member

What would be your suggestion, should I dispute refund in this situation?

a_lipsey
Community Member

Abubakr J wrote:

What would be your suggestion, should I dispute refund in this situation?

I would, since  a no earning contract has a negative impact on your JSS. Could you speak to him and negotiate a partial refund? 

devcre
Community Member

Thank you so much! I will do that. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members