🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client canceled the project after one month o...
Page options
cyberwarrior107
Community Member

Client canceled the project after one month of job done

Hello Upwork community,

I need your help

I have a client whose goal is to raise DA/ PA, Alexa rank and Ahrefs rank. After a month of work, I increased DA/ PA 25/42 from 24/41 and Alexa ranking increased by 126,000 from 452,782 and also there is increase the ranking of organic keywords. 

And he had not paid anything and after 35+ days, he has canceled the project and also he had sent me refund request,

now, what shall I do? 

Please help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankur,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you have with your client. Looks like your Client has requested Escrow refund. You will have 7 days to respond. If you accept it the funds will be transferred to your Client, if you reject the request a dispute will be opened. If no actions are taken from your end after 7 days the funds will be released to your Client as well. To learn more how you`re protected on fixed-price contracts, check out this Help Article

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ankur,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you have with your client. Looks like your Client has requested Escrow refund. You will have 7 days to respond. If you accept it the funds will be transferred to your Client, if you reject the request a dispute will be opened. If no actions are taken from your end after 7 days the funds will be released to your Client as well. To learn more how you`re protected on fixed-price contracts, check out this Help Article

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

thanks for sharing this information with me. 

but what can I do next? If I accept fund will transfer to the client (and I got nothing for my 30 days hard work)

If I reject the refund request and file dispute the JSS will get affected. 

then what is the solution to this? Is the client get his work done in free of cost by dispute like this? 

Now, I'm not asking this only for me but for all my freelancer brothers who do hard work and at the end, their client file dispute and request for return and freelancer have no other choice than to refund the fund because if they won't their JSS will be affected

Thank you

Ankur.

It's freelancing.

Clients may close (or "cancel") a contract at any time, for any reason.

They don't even need to poide a reason.

re: "I got nothing for my 30 days hard work"

That is your fault.

It sounds like you are using Upwork in a very hazardous and unwise way.

Next time, make sure you get paid far more frequently than that. Get paid every day or every few days. That way this kind of thing won't happen.

Ankur K wrote:

Hello Bojan,

If I reject the refund request and file dispute the JSS will get affected. 

Disputes don't affect the JSS, the client's feedback is what affects the JSS and that feedback has already been left when the client cancelled the project.

Ankur K wrote:

... do hard work and at the end, their client file dispute and request for return and freelancer have no other choice than to refund the fund because if they won't their JSS will be affected

That's complete nonsense.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members