cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client canceled the project

Highlighted
Martina T Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
1 of 6

I was hired to make a Website, and I did most of the work, the rest is not done because my client didn't give me photos and text for website. And after a long time of not answering, she said that she doesn't need the Website. What should I do?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
2 of 6

Martina - give us more context. Hourly or fixed price contract?

If fixed price, any work should have been sent via the milestone(s). If hourly, did you record your hours?

Lila
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

re: "Client canceled the project"

That's okay!

Clients have the right to cancel a contract or project at any time, for any reason.

Freelancers can do the same.

re: "...she said that she doesn't need the Website. What should I do?"

Why would you need to do anything?

You have been paid for the work you did thus far. The client doesn't want you to do any more work.

This is normal, and not a big deal.

Thank the client for the opportunity to work with her and don't look back.

(I'm assuming that this is either an hourly contract - and you logged all your time and were paid for your time. Or this is a fixed-price contract and the client is wiling to release payment despite the fact that the project isn't completely done. If this isn't the case, then let me know.)

Highlighted
Martina T Member Since: Feb 14, 2019
4 of 6

I have not been paid for work I've done. The plan was to get paid when i send them the project. Due was Octobar 30. And I finished it on time, but she was nowhere to be found. Two weeks ago she texted me and said she wants to pay me for my work, and when I said that I finished everything that I could(I need data from her for text), and that I want almost full amount she just stoped texting.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Martina,

Please send me your contract ID or client name via PM so that I can check this and advise you accordingly, thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

Martina T wrote:

I have not been paid for work I've done. The plan was to get paid when i send them the project. Due was Octobar 30. And I finished it on time, but she was nowhere to be found. Two weeks ago she texted me and said she wants to pay me for my work, and when I said that I finished everything that I could(I need data from her for text), and that I want almost full amount she just stoped texting.

You must have made a serious mistake somewhere along the line or you would have been paid by now, automatically.

1. Hourly contract or fixed rate?
  2. If hourly, did you use the tracker?
  3. If fixed price, was it funded to the correct amount and did you use the "Submit work for payment" function on your contract under My Jobs > All Contracts?

Were you even actually hired properly? Because you'd have been paid automatically for hourly work months ago, and a fixed rate contract would have been auto-closed by now.

Did you, by any chance, work without having been hired through Upwork?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS