🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client cancelled contract immediately aft...
Page options
shibbirfaruki
Community Member

Client cancelled contract immediately after hiring for no reason

The client sent me an invitation. I accepted and discussed briefly about the task and I gave him a trial work. He liked the work and hired me at 40$. That day another freelancer proposed a lower price. And the client immediately cancelled the contract and asked for a refund to work with the lower price, with the other freelancer. How is this making sense?
Why I will only suffer from any narrow-minded clients wish. What can I do in this situation? Please help.. 

6 REPLIES 6
lysis10
Community Member

I would def dispute on this one especially if you did the work. Finding someone cheaper isn't a reason for a refund lol

No, he did not give me any situation to do the work after the trial work. He cancelled immediately after hiring. For no reason. What can i do now? Do i dispute the contract?

oh so you didn't actually do any work? That's different. Just let him have the money then. I thought you did the work.

MD. SHIBBIR A wrote:

No, he did not give me any situation to do the work after the trial work. He cancelled immediately after hiring. For no reason. What can i do now? Do i dispute the contract?

You should never be doing trial work prior to a contract. Never, ever, ever! 

shibbirfaruki
Community Member

But this will lower my job success score. Without doing any mistake why i will face the harm just for 40$. Is this fair you think?

MD. SHIBBIR A wrote:

But this will lower my job success score. Without doing any mistake why i will face the harm just for 40$. Is this fair you think?

Yes, it will lower your score but the first step in mediation is showing the work that you did and you didn't do anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members