🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client cancelled the contract with $0 paid an...
Page options
52bf3193
Community Member

Client cancelled the contract with $0 paid and my jss

Hello. My client cancelled the contract and I gave him the refund with $0 earned. It's my 50th day in Upwork and I've already got and maintained a very good jss (100%) with 9 completed jobs and 1 ongoing with $800+ earned. 

My client says he is willing to change anything so my jss doesn’t get affected when I asked. The contract is ended. Can I turn this around somehow? How will this affect me? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't worry about this.

A zero-pay contract will NOT have a negative effect on your JSS (unless the client left negative feedback).

Tell the client it's fine.

(There was a time in the PAST when we talked about zero-pay contracts having a negative effect on JSS, but Upwork changed the JSS algorithm a couple years ago and that is no longer a concern.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't worry about this.

A zero-pay contract will NOT have a negative effect on your JSS (unless the client left negative feedback).

Tell the client it's fine.

(There was a time in the PAST when we talked about zero-pay contracts having a negative effect on JSS, but Upwork changed the JSS algorithm a couple years ago and that is no longer a concern.)

Hi Preston. Thank you for the response.

In my knowledge, the client didn't give any negative feedback. 

But even if he did, how badly can it affect my jss? Can you give me an estimation?  

And is there any chance for him to change it? 

I'll reconfirm with him about the feedback thing. 

researchediting
Community Member

Anika T wrote:

My client says he is willing to change anything so my jss doesn’t get affected when I asked. He is willing to pay through Paypal even. But that's not gonna help my jss.

Indeed. But it could get your account suspended—possibly permanently.

But why though? I'm not receiving any payments through paypal. I can't even have any access to paypal accounts here in Bangladesh. It's not activated here. Just because he offered it, doesn’t mean I'm taking it. I'm the one to say that he can keep the pay. I didn't break any Upwork policy whatsoever. 

petra_r
Community Member

Why was the contract canceled?

And please don't bother the client any further. Whatever effect the contract had or not had is what it is. Even if the client wanted to, there is no way to change anything.

If the client didn't leave poor private feedback, there will be no effect on the JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths