🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client cancelled the project for some specifi...
Page options
reshmak_88
Community Member

Client cancelled the project for some specific or unknown reason, will it impact the JSS.

A client sent me the offer and I accpeted it, as requirements seems doable. However after accepting the offer when client explained, that time those were different and unrealstic to what mentioned earlier. It is kind of learning that sometimes it happens to you. Client cancelled the project , will it impact my JSS as client did not pay any milestone and I approved the refund request. I also see client's feedback as N/A.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Reshma S wrote:

will it impact my JSS ?

Yes. It likely will

NEVER accept a contract until you have nailed down and agreed on all specifics in detail.

I also see client's feedback as N/A.

That's because there is no public feedback for $ 0 paid contracts.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Reshma S wrote:

will it impact my JSS ?

Yes. It likely will

NEVER accept a contract until you have nailed down and agreed on all specifics in detail.

I also see client's feedback as N/A.

That's because there is no public feedback for $ 0 paid contracts.

Agreed, it is kind of new learning for me.
Thanks

tlbp
Community Member

Reshma S wrote:

A client sent me the offer and I accpeted it, as requirements seems doable. However after accepting the offer when client explained, that time those were different and unrealstic to what mentioned earlier. It is kind of learning that sometimes it happens to you. Client cancelled the project , will it impact my JSS as client did not pay any milestone and I approved the refund request. I also see client's feedback as N/A.

There is always going to be some impact if you have created a contract. Perhaps a mod can weigh in as to whether that impact is great if a contract is canceled soon after initiation vs a lingering one without pay. It is unfortunate but it happens sometimes that a contract doesn't go as planned. If you have other contracts, focus your energies or performing them well. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members