🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client cannot download the attached file.
Page options
salima-noorani
Community Member

Client cannot download the attached file.

Hi,
I have submitted my first work as a pdf file attchment. The client says he sees that it says there is an attached file but there is nothing actually there he can download. Help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Salima,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist your client directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Don't try to exchange an important file like that using Upwork. Upwork isn't a file transfer tool. Upwork intentionally blocks many file transfers, or interferes with the, or intentionally alters files out of security concerns, often rendering the files unusable.

Why waste your time trying to transfer a file with a tool that doesn't want to do the job, even if in theory you could contact somebody in Upwork Customer Support to help you with the transfer. Wouldn't you rather just be able to transfer a file directly?

You may do so. Use whatever tool you and the client are comfortable with: Dropbox, FTP, iCloud, iDrive, USB flashdrive, email, Google Drive, Microsoft One Drive, WeTransfer, etc.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying correctly. As a beginner I thought you submit your work through a payment request button given, and attach your work there. You are saying I should not use that button to submit my work and instead go for other options as you suggested. How a beginner is supposed to know that this tool doesnt work for the simplest file. They are just getting started. If this has been a long standing issue then someone needs to fix this

Additionally, If I have to carry out complex tasks which would require alot of files to be exchanged containing important information than I might want to use google drive, email etc. but this was a simplest file. 

Salima N wrote:

Let me see if I understand what you are saying correctly. As a beginner I thought you submit your work through a payment request button given, and attach your work there. You are saying I should not use that button to submit my work and instead go for other options as you suggested. How a beginner is supposed to know that this tool doesnt work for the simplest file. They are just getting started. If this has been a long standing issue then someone needs to fix this

Additionally, If I have to carry out complex tasks which would require alot of files to be exchanged containing important information than I might want to use google drive, email etc. but this was a simplest file. 

No no no he is not saying that. Just send the file through messages too, and email, or whatever you want. 

JoanneP

Hi Salima,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist your client directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you Joanne.

arsalanodesk
Community Member

This is the same issue with me. I upload file in Message attachment it uploaded. But Client does'nt download that file.. It's little embarassing for me to give them a file and they did'nt have authority to download it.. Then I upload in Google Drive and send them link.. I attached the file of my animated video render file. It could not have anything personal. It's work file that client wants it.. 

2nd issue is. When submit proposal the attachments not worked for me. I need to send them my Portofliio example video file. That could impress my client. But It not uploading in attachments.

Can Anyone help me on this regards

Hi Arsalan,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble this caused. Could you please check if the attachments file type is among the supported ones

~ Bojan
Upwork
d86b0a6b
Community Member

Hello, submitting my work through means outside upwork. Is that wrong? There is no official information touching that exactly...it only talks about conversations

Oluwademilade A wrote:

Hello, submitting my work through means outside upwork. Is that wrong? There is no official information touching that exactly...it only talks about conversations

Once you have a contract you can communicate with the client and send files in the way that is most convenient for both of you.
But in fixed price contracts it is convenient to also send the work through Upwork with the "Submit work for payment" button.
If the file is big and you can't send it via the button, you can put the download link (from Wetransfer for example) in the comment box.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members