🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client cannot leave feedback
Page options
rizwanshovon2
Community Member

Client cannot leave feedback

Client cannot leave feedback. I cannot send leave feedback as well. It shows that, "You can request feedback on active contracts with payments beginning 30 days after the contract started. The feedback will appear on your profile, and does not impact your job success score." What can I do? How can I get feedback? As it's my first work I badly need this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

MD Rizwan Hasan K wrote:

Client cannot leave feedback. I cannot send leave feedback as well. It shows that, "You can request feedback on active contracts with payments beginning 30 days after the contract started. The feedback will appear on your profile, and does not impact your job success score." What can I do? How can I get feedback? As it's my first work I badly need this.

You need to adjust your expectations to how the platform works. If the contract is below 30 days, what makes you think you will receive feedback when the system is not set up to do so?

Stop obsessing about feedback. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

MD Rizwan Hasan K wrote:

You need to adjust your expectations to how the platform works. If the contract is below 30 days, what makes you think you will receive feedback when the system is not set up to do so?

Stop obsessing about feedback. 

And you mean that only clients with a work history above 30days can drop feedback to the freelancers' profile?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simranjeet,

In order to leave mid-contract feedback certain criteria must be met:

• You must be part of the test group* for this new option
  • 30 days have passed since the start of the contract
  • There was a payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • Feedback has not been provided in the past 30 days (using the date that the feedback was last provided, not the date that the feedback was requested)

You can check this Community thread for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

"You need to know how the platform works"

-- This is exactly the place to find out how.

I'm surprised to see this tone of answer. I have exactly the same question to Rizwan, I believe thousands of others do to. It's not about obsession, it's about building credibility in your Upwork profile. Otherwise, why would Upwork make this feature? Why would any restaurant, hotel, services and products need a review? Are they all obsessed?

I know this was posted more than 2 years ago, but I want you and the community to know that this type of answer isn't helpful and it's discouraging. If there's a downvote button, I'd press it.

Can't agree more. The tone in which "Martina P" replied is not acceptable at all. I hope it's her personal way of dealing with the things and not Upwork's as a whole. Upwork is by the people, for the people. Without service providers they won't exist

ebwinter
Community Member

You may know this already, MD Rizwan Hasan K, but I just wanted to mention that if the job is complete, you or your client just needs to end the contract and then you'll be able to leave feedback. If you are still working on the job, this won't be an option, of course.

From my experience and the advice I've read on Upwork, it's generally more polite to ask the client if anything else is needed, and ask them to end the contract if not. You can explain that it's helpful for you in applying for jobs on Upwork to show that you have successfully completed your first job. However, it's also possible to end the contract as a freelancer.

Of course, by now 30 days have past, so if you are still working on this job, you can now request feedback 🙂

Community Member

You need to END the contract, Then you can add/receive feedback.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths