🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client card is blocked - other payment option
Page options
rexoninnovations
Community Member

Client card is blocked - other payment option

Hi,

During the middle of the project, my client credit card is blocked for some reason. So he is suggesting to create a direct contract with his company email ID and his colleague can pay for this.

So is it ok?
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Joel.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok, He is trying to pay me but I don't know why his card is getting rejected.

Why doesn't your client contact Support and get it resolved properly. This is between Upwork and the client. Don't get involved.

Joel M wrote:

He is suggestion to get paid through other platforms.

If you agree to that you will be banned from Upwork.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Joel M wrote:

During the middle of the project, my client credit card is blocked for some reason. So he is suggesting to create a direct contract with his company email ID and his colleague can pay for this.

So is it ok?

No, it absolutely isn't. The client needs to sort out whatever caused the problem. Or simply add the colleague's card to the account. Upwork may well find out (well, especially now that you told them) and then you'd be stuck in a violation of the terms of service because you knowingly cooperated with the client to get around Upwork. Direct contracts with clients who are already on Upwork are not allowed.

Hi Petra,

Ok, He is trying to pay me but I don't know why his card is getting rejected. He is suggestion to get paid through other platforms. So please help me to get paid. This is the Contract ID 26810422

Thanks,

Joel.

Ok, He is trying to pay me but I don't know why his card is getting rejected.

Why doesn't your client contact Support and get it resolved properly. This is between Upwork and the client. Don't get involved.

Joel M wrote:

He is suggestion to get paid through other platforms.

If you agree to that you will be banned from Upwork.

Hi Petra,

Ok, Thank you for your information.

Joel.

Joel M wrote:

Hi Petra,

Ok, He is trying to pay me but I don't know why his card is getting rejected. He is suggestion to get paid through other platforms. So please help me to get paid. This is the Contract ID 26810422

Thanks,

Joel.

A stranger is tellng you that they want to pay you but somehow can't and you're going to believe them? Don't let the urgency of your situation allow you to fall into a trap.  

ok. thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members