cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client change feedback without my request

deepika-puri
Active

Hi there,

I have some queries regarding the Feedback change score, One of my client close the project and give me 4 star rating. He came back after two days and want more work without pay me. When i refused to do that he changed my rating to 3 star even i haven't sent him Feedback change request(Also there is no feedback change option available for this job in my contract options 'quite strange' ). I want to know can client change rating score and comment without sending them to Enable feedback change options.

My client is also a freelancer. If he can do this then client can change their rating and comment after knowing what freelancer give them.

Please advise?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Guru

If there is no "allow client to change feedback" option you have already used it, which allowed the client to change feedback.

i see you have another contract with the same client.... what makes you think this one will go any better than the last one?

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Deepika,

I can confirm your client could have edited their public feedback only after that option was enabled on your end.

Untitled

A variation on this question.....a client left me no feeback (public, possible he could have left private feedback?)  Can he change that without me enabling it?  Which brings to mind another question....if it's uncool to ask a client to change feedback I'm having trouble figuring out why they would want to go back and change it?  Can a client change private feedback without me enabling that?

@Lee Ann M wrote:

A variation on this question.....a client left me no feeback (public, possible he could have left private feedback?)  Can he change that without me enabling it?  Which brings to mind another question....if it's uncool to ask a client to change feedback I'm having trouble figuring out why they would want to go back and change it?  Can a client change private feedback without me enabling that?

If a contract ended by you ending it (generally a bad idea) then the client can leave feedback for two weeks, and can NOT change it once left without you enabling it.

Clients can only "not leave feedback" if you were the one to end the contract. If the client ended the contract they WILL and MUST have left feedback, BOTH public and private, it is unavoidable. Clients can not leave private feedback ONLY unless no money exchanged hands. If anything was paid they have to leave either both, or none (the latter only if you were the one to close the contract, which should always be a very last resort.)

Private feedback can not be changed at all. Once left that's it. Public feedback CAN be changed but I can only think of two situations when I would consider it appropriate to enable the feedback change to get a client to change feedback:

1. The client made a genuine mistake and ended the wrong contract, having meant to leave the feedback for someone else) ... or
  2. The client hasn't left feedback at all and the 14 days are over, and the client approaches me saying they want to. I would never ASK for feedback. It feels all wrong. I encourage clients to close the contract (which means they can not avoid giving feedback) but would never dream of asking for feedback.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS