🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client changed details of accepted contract w...
Page options
nratliff
Community Member

Client changed details of accepted contract without talking with me

I have messaged support about this and they keep skirting my question without a response.  I am currently working for a client and last week while I was working the tracker stopped working unbeknownst to me.  I realized this after an hour of working.  I went to add the manual time as I did work and the client knows I worked that hour as well; however, the client took off adding manual time.  They changed my accepted contract which had the ability to add manual time without talking with me a week after I started.  I have messaged the client twice to add manual time back so I can get paid for that hour but they have been ignoring my messages on UpWork, while contacting me about attending meetings and doing work.  This does not sit right with me whatsoever and I am in the process of filing a dispute.

I am not sure what to do at this point because this will ruin my track record on UpWork and I am wanting to end this contract on principle alone, I do not work for free.

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi REVA,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths